…And we’re back.

Thanks to the unprotected promiscuity of my old host being constantly hacked — not gonna name names but it was Dreamhost — every poor and innocent PHP file I had was injected with a hot load of malicious code (funny that they call it a Trojan considering this analogy) and upon moving hosts, my new host (Site5) promptly shut my ass down. They were, however, gracious enough to help me fix the problem and quickly reinstate me after suspending my account for blowing endless wads of spam mail at unsuspecting peoples’ faces from my throbbing domains, including this one. I think all of the previously important plugins are either reinstalled or replaced with nicer versions, but please do let me know if you find that something’s not working the way it used to. And please call a doctor if the intended effects last longer than 3 hours.

And all this comes not a moment too soon, because guess what’s about to happen? Apparently my second round in the marathon fuckfest that is the Tourney is upon me, so I’m getting my loins professionally girded in preparation. I’m up against the highly capable and, dare I say it, downright pro Experiments in Manga. This will be apples to oranges in more than one way. I wish that site the best, and that goes for everyone else in Round two. Except whoever beat Mecha Guignol. I’m sure you’re lovely people but I hate you.

edit: I have noticed that browsing by anime title and genre are not working at the moment, I’m working on it.

1. Rednights says:

Three sites have been hacked that all took part in the tourney. You really must have upset Mushy or however you spell his name. Anyway, congrats getting off Dreamhost, garbage hosting is garbage.

PS – You may want to *** DISABLE DIRECOTORY BROWSING. ** As much as I enjoy browsing your FTP files, you should like er .. um .. disable it =( =( =(

• Mushyrulez says:

Yeah, but you ain’t see the last of me! I’ve learned from the great master of spamming, SPIRAL, and if anybody ever beats O-New again, oh, I’m going to sit beside a stream and MEDITATE…

Thanks for the heads up. I was surprised to see directory browsing enabled by default at my new host. Not worried, really, but as far as I know anything that I didn’t want anyone to see had index.html files in the directory so I don’t think I had anything too sensitive open.

2. glothelegend says:

Well you’ve got my vote pretty much as far into this thing as you go. Too bad I’m winning the whole shit. Finally Eye Sedso can get involved this round with an easy win.

3. Shinmaru says:

“Except whoever beat Mecha Guignol. I’m sure you’re lovely people but I hate you.”

THIS.

4. Fencedude says:

This sentence should be framed and hung on a wall. Its just…perfect.

5. Martin says:

I’ve been with Site5 since forever, and apart from some downtime issues a few years back I’ve never had any problems with them.

Good luck with the next round (I think my blog is in Round 2 somewhere but I don’t even know what, if aything, I’m supposed to do as a participant. Especially when I don’t recall nominating myself as a participant in the first place). May the best blog win.